SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Social media marketing is a marketing process that uses social media channels, websites and networks to market products and brands to consumers and business.
Social media is used by leading brands to create awareness, to build communities of loyal customers and to drive them towards brand websites, where interaction and conversion can take place.
Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter are powerful brand marketing tools, because of the sheer number of their followers and the tremendous amount of consumer influence that they wield.
Social media marketing strategy needs to be done properly, or not at all. While social media can make your brand, it can also break it and partnering with a social media agency like Sonous Digital has become a necessity.
Sonous Digital will work with you to develop a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that includes social media and that will serve to increase your website traffic, sales opportunities and ROI.
WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING ?
It involves using social media websites and networks to market products and brands.
Some leading brands that have excelled at social media marketing, are the likes of Amazon, Air B&B, Netflix, Zoom, Dove and Gillette.
The most popular social media platforms include the likes of Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube to name a few. These platforms are a powerful brand marketing tool, because of the sheer number of their followers and the tremendous amount of consumer influence that they wield.
Social media platforms can make your brand, but it can also break it! Issues like quality of content, reputation management, 24/7 customer interaction and instant customer gratification, need to be considered.
BENEFITS OF SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Basic benefits of social media marketing are:
- Increased Brand Awareness
- More Inbound Traffic
- Improved Search Engine Rankings
- More Brand Authority
- Improved Brand Loyalty
WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM TO USE FOR YOUR BRAND?
Your choice does not depend entirely on the numbers. There are more sophisticated issues to consider when choosing a social media platform:
- Does it meet your social media marketing goals? – if customer service was your goal, then Twitter would be appropriate. If you wanted to showcase a beautiful product, then Instagram or Pinterest would do the trick.
- Does the platform reflect your brand’s image? – will your brand image appeal to the people who inhabit the platform. You wouldn’t use House Party to market a brand that has an older and more sophisticated brand personality.
- Does it appeal to your target audience – research your target audience to discover their social media behavior. Appeal to them where they are happiest to interact.
- Is the platform appropriate for your product? – if you’re marketing B2B, then a platform like LinkedIn is appropriate. B2C on the other hand, requires less formal social media strategies, like Tik Tok.
- Does the platform have a credible reputation? – it’s probably not appropriate to market on a radically politicised social media site.
Do not make the mistake of kicking off a social media platforms strategy without the necessary will and resources. Experienced staff, with specialist expertise and a 24-hour commitment are required. Luckily there are professionals like Sonous Digital who specialise in this.
WHO ARE SONOUS DIGITAL?
Sonous Digital are digital marketing specialists. We work closely with our clients to achieve both ROI against budget and business growth. We develop innovative and tailor-made digital marketing campaigns and offer specialised services that include: